From: https://exhibitions.nysm.nysed.gov/albany/bios/f/geofielding.html, by Stefan Bielinski
George Fielding was born in about 1705 at an unknown location. His origins and parentage are, likewise, unknown.
George married Catharina Rooseboom at the Albany Dutch Church on 03 April 1729. Over the next twenty-five years, several of their children were christened at the Dutch Church in New York City.
In 1730, he was named co-executor of the letters of administration granted on the estate of Widow Deborah Fielding of New York City. Perhaps she was his mother.
George was made freeman of New York City on 17 Apr 1731, and he was identified as a “goldsmith.” However, he is better known as a silversmith as the two pieces to the left attest.
Silversmith mark of George Fielding, which is included in American Silversmiths and Their Marks III, Stephen G.C. Ensko, Privately Printed, Robert Ensko, Gold and Silversmiths, New York, 1948, p. 180.
George Fielding worked between about 1730 and 1755 as a silversmith in New York City.
Then, he moved to Albany and continued his craft between 1756 and about 1775.
The following notice appeared in the New York Gazette on November 17, 1755: “. . . Mr. Fielding, Gold-Smith, formerly lived at corner of Broad and Princes Streets. . . .” He subsequently moved to Albany.
Beginning in 1756, his name began appearing regularly on Albany rolls. A census of householders taken by the British army called him “Mr. Fielding” and identified him as a silversmith. Subsequent Albany assessments taxed his Second Ward holdings at a modest rate. In 1765, he witnessed the will of one of his Second Ward neighbors (Isaac Kip).
George Fielding was last heard from in 1779.
His widow’s name was listed as the owner of a house in the Second Ward as late as 1788.